All parts of this position can be done remotely except for the required site visits. You can choose to work at one of the many offices the client has in Southern California
Senior Commissioning Engineer Southern California
Primary duties and responsibilities in order for you to be successful in this position include performing the following tasks:
- Manage and guide support staff on Cx projects through the use of the following tasks:
o Meetings with the project owner, project stakeholders, Design and Construction personnel, and the project operating staff to make sure everyone understands the project goals and schedule to ensure the commissioning process is properly coordinated
o Develop detailed commissioning plans, specifications, and checklists (pre-functional and functional) in accordance with the referenced project guidelines; review design drawings, equipment submittals, O&M manuals, start-up reports, checklists, TAB reports, as-builts, and training programs for overall compliance with project owner’s requirements in mind
o Vist project sites as needed (you’d manage this process by either you or someone from your team that is capable) to witness equipment start-up, direct and perform testing; assemble and maintain project issues database to document non-compliant conditions
o Manage close-out process with the project owner, O&M, design, and construction personnel
o Coordinate and oversee training
o Assemble final commissioning report and systems manual.
- Mentor and train staff on the Cx process.
- Support other services including energy audits and retro-commissioning, as needed.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations and then effectively present findings and follow-up actions to the client.
- Manage project budgets according to prescribed financial metrics.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ensure customer/client satisfaction for tasks performed.
- Foster effective and positive business relationships with all parties throughout the project to develop additional business opportunities.
Additional Duties include;
· Business Development and the Supporting Tasks:
o Develop and grow long-term relationships with customers.
o Respond to customer inquiries and internet requests for information and proposals.
o Find and lead the response to applicable RFPs for new business opportunities.
o Support local marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
o Attend local business and association meetings to create and enhance relationships.
o Secure appointments with corporate executives, architects, engineers, construction managers, and administrators.
o Assist with technical presentations demonstrating how our services meet client needs.
Experience and Education Requirements for this position:
· BS/MS in Architectural, Mechanical Engineering or related sustainability field.
· Working knowledge of ASHRAE and IECC as it relates to Cx.
· Working knowledge of and experience with the architectural design process and all phases of design and construction from pre-design to construction administration.
· Expertise in building systems, energy efficiency technologies/applications, and sustainability practices.
· Detail-oriented and can meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills -- oral, written, and presentation -- and proficiency with necessary supporting software.
- Proof of covid vaccination required.
· 5 + years’ experience performing a combination of retro-commissioning, commissioning, Designing HVAC Systems, Automation and Controls, and Energy Audits
· On track to receive a Professional Engineer’s License; Certified Energy Manager; Certified Building Cx Professional from Association of Energy Engineers; and Building Commissioning Association Certified Cx Professional (CxP).
· Must be proficient in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
· Ability to travel up to 30% typically in-state day trips throughout California
· Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and business relationships