ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
• Works with Safety & Compliance Director to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory (OSHA, DHS, FDA, EPA) requirements and applicable training and recordkeeping is performed to meet departmental and location deadlines.
• Demonstrates and ensures staff alignment with Company Safety Pledge and 12 Live Saving Rules.
• Exemplifies, promotes, and develops safe work behaviors. Provides direct coaching to improve associate’s safety behaviors resulting in an improved safety culture.
• Performs safety incident investigations recommending corrective actions to eliminate recurrences.
• Develops training tools to support Company’s safety, regulatory, continuous improvement and operational efficiency initiatives.
Personnel / Personnel Development
• Provides overall management of direct reports in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws to ensure assigned performance and financial targets are met or exceeded.
• Major accountabilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates, planning, assigning and directing work; managing performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Works closely with Area Operations Managers to develop subordinate managers.
• Ensures sufficient operations staffing levels; works with the Human Resources Department to develop recruitment, staff development and retention strategies.
• Delegates duties and responsibilities when appropriate for increased business efficiency and staff development.
• Ensures subordinate matters/concerns are efficiently and effectively handled.
• Consults with Human Resources regarding personnel issues including coaching, counseling and performance management.
Customer Service / Business Development
• Ensures all customers receive quality customer service from operations associates.
• Ensures internal and external customer inquiries are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for inventory management of assets throughout the Region.
Business / Facility Management & Support
• Establish and consistently meet or exceed quality and delivery standards of products and services for internal and external customers.
• Monitors monthly P&L’s in order to identify and correct unfavorable trends.
• Resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and minimum delays.
• Develop operations and capital expenditure budgets and coordinates capital expenditures once proper approvals have been received.
• Monitors open order books, production orders and schedules to obtain product data such as types, quantities, specifications of products, and scheduled delivery dates in order to meet customer’s needs. Works closely with Plant Managers when trends warrant discussion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrated ability as a highly motivated individual to create and execute action plans that drive business improvement in key metrics.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, ability to achieve goals, ability to focus and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge and ability for using basic leadership skills to effectively engage and manage a staff.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Operations Management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a production environment.
• Master’s in Business Administration a plus.
• 8+ years’ experience in the gas distribution/manufacturing industry.
• 3+ years’ demonstrated leadership/management experience, preferably in the capacity of VP of Operations.
• Must have the following knowledge and experience: FDA, OSHA, DHS, DOT, EPA, and state regulations for hazardous material classifications, accident reporting, safety and compliance, and more.
• Must have a proven track record of motivating and leading individuals and groups.
• Experience in working in a union and nonunion environment preferred.
• Demonstrated strong financial acumen.
• Negotiating and selling skills a plus.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• SAP knowledge and experience a plus.
• Frequently 34-67%